The city wants you to know…
16 hours ago
I've only got one wrinkle and I'm sitting on it. Jeanne Calment
It has been really foggy here for the past few days. Since I couldn't sleep yesterday morning, I thought I would try out my camera skills.
These are photos taken around my neighborhood around 6:30am.
Labels: Fall
There is a church in my neighborhood with this cemetery beside it. There are some really old tombstones there. That is a common thing with churches here in the south. I am not sure about the rest of the U.S.
It was a little creepy at first. There was no traffic and it was really quiet.
Thank you. Catching the bird was pure luck. I was walking towards the lake and he flew off. I was surprised I actually caught him in flight.
The photos are beautiful! I too especially like the one with the bird flying.
The cemetary picture picture is my favorite though. I have an affinity with cemetaries though. I used to engrave headstones for a living. Many, many stones with my 'mark' on them are in cemetaries in Nebraska, Kansas and South Dakota as well as a few in Nevada and Wyoming. I loved that job...I dealt with people's lives, not their passing. That is what a headstone represtents...a life, not a death.
Thanks for sharing your neck of the woods with us! You live in beautiful country!
Have a beautiful day!
Thank you for the complement on my camera skills!
There is a really old cemetery that I like to visit in Memphis. Maybe I can get up there and post some of the more interesting headstones.