Thursday, November 13, 2008

Giggles from Granny

My grandmother says some really funny stuff to me. I don't know if it is my caustic sense of humor or I'm just delirious from lack of sleep. Sometimes I tell others sometimes not. But I just can't keep this one to myself.

About 2 weeks ago when I went to see her she starts talking about her teeth. She wears dentures and has for years. She never liked them and only wears them around "company". We have the dietitians at the nursing home puree' her food for her.

I am there feeding her dinner and she starts talking about her teeth. "Where are my teeth?" Stuff like that. Then she says, "When I went to sleep last night I had all of my teeth. I woke up this morning and I want you to looka here." Ha! When I get done laughing I go and get her teeth and show her that she has teeth. I ask her if she wants to put them in and she says, "humph".

So today when I go and see her she is still going on about her teeth. She leans over and whispers to me, "I don't have a tooth in my head. Did you know that?"

She cracks me up. So my advice to all of you is get in good with the tooth fairy or she may hide your teeth!

3 Comments:

  1. John said...
    Hi Inge',

    You have been tagged!

    Have a great weekend!

    John
    Donna said...
    You and your grandmother made me laugh out loud, Inge. You brought back memories from years ago when I worked at a nursing home as a CNA. It is so good of you to visit your grandmother. There are so many in nursing homes who are put there and forgotten it seems. Give your grandmother an extra hug for me when you next see her and please keep sharing your stories about her.
    Inge' said...
    Donna,
    I too used to work in a nursing home in CA. She is really funny to me glad you liked the story.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates