Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Love Dare pt 7


Before I give the next dares, I wanted to thank all of my followers. I will soon be in double digits!!! Woo hoo!!! I am very excited to have all of you following my blog and I really enjoy all the comments.

Now for the next 4 dares.

Day 20 - Dare to take God at his word and trust Jesus Christ for salvation. (Romans 5:6 - You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.)

Day 21 - Make time to pray and read your bible today. (Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.)

Day 22 - Choose to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. (Hosea 2:20 - I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD.)

Day 23 - Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse. (I Corinthians 13:7 - It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.) More from the "love" chapter.

I love the verse from Isaiah. Day 23 will be very difficult. I don't think it is possible to remove everything that hinders our relationship. I do think I can remove the things that I bring into the relationship that hinder it. Who knows maybe hubs will notice and so some internal cleaning too!

I hope you all are doing well with the dares. Don't give up it will definitely be worth it in the long run if you can hold on and make some or most of these a "new" habit for your marriage. I will post an update soon on how I am doing so ya'll don't get too discouraged. I am not doing great at it right now myself but I am continuing to plug along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates