Monday, January 12, 2009


There are hundreds if not thousands of religions in the world. To cover all of them would take days. I only want to cover the ones that we are all familiar with and what their views are regarding organ donation.

This will probably be the shortest post on this subject yet:)

With the exception of the Shinto and Gypsies, most religions either endorse organ and brain donation or leave it up to the individual.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not oppose organ donation, however, they do require that all organs and tissues be drained of blood.

To find out what your particular religion or faith has to say about organ donation, you can click here.

Now that I have covered all of this, I am sure you are asking yourself, "How does Inge' feel about all of this?" I do not want to push my views on anyone. Yes, I have signed the back of my Driver's License to ensure that my organs will be donated. I am researching the sites I listed in my previous post on brain donation to decide which bank to donate mine to.

Unfortunately, most of my family thinks I am not serious about this. My husband does not totally agree with my decision and has tried to discourage me at times. I will not be discouraged about this. I see my grandmother dying from the inside out a little more everyday and the thought of someone being able to possibly find hope and maybe just maybe a cure for this dreadful disease through my brain is far more important to me.

I know my mother would not even consider this option for my grandmother so this is not a topic we will be discussing. I have no problem with that and have no desire to try and talk her into something she is not totally comfortable with.

I know these last few posts have been just a little on the morbid side, but is death always just so? I only ask that you prayerfully consider any decision you may make in this area and discuss your choices with your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates