Monday, November 23, 2009

Granny Updates


I know I have not been on here in a while and I am sorry. I have been very busy and it is not often right now that I have a free moment.

I am hoping things will slow down a little after the holidays! Now on to granny.

The nursing home has gotten a new director. I have not met her yet, but, mom has. This is the 3rd director in as many years. I think the turnover is so high because the job is so stressful. Anyway, I hope she is the right person for the job. It takes a special type of person to deal with the elderly. You have to have a lot of compassion and patience not to mention strength to deal with all the never ending issues.

Granny has been doing much better this past week. I was actually able to go and spend time with her last week. I have really missed being able to go and visit her 3-5 times a week. I was going to go and help give her a perm today, but, mom just was not able to go and I cannot roll hair worth a flip. Since my hair is naturally curly, I have never had to learn how. I am hoping we can go sometime this week and do her hair.

I am off Thanksgiving so I will be taking granny over to mom's. We are going to put up the tree while I am there. Granny will like watching all that. I also found a baby to borrow and I am really excited about that. One of my daughter's friends has 2 kids ages 16 months and 3 years. He is bringing them over so granny can her her baby fix.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and I appreciate the fact that none of you have dropped me because of my sporadic posting lately!

Love,
Inge'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates