Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Big M



Yesterday hubs and I went downtown. He to work, and me to take photos. It was a very cloudy day in Memphis yesterday which made for some easy photos for me. I am still not that well versed in the ins and outs of my camera.

I have taken my friend Patrick's idea from Toronto City Life and decided to post some of my photos here for you to enjoy. If you get a chance, pop over to his blog and see Toronto from a native's point of view. Just looking at his photos has given me the desire to visit there instead of Montreal or Quebec.

Hope ya'll enjoy the pics and I will take any advice on taking better photos as long as you K.I.S.S. it:)



The "new" Hernando Desoto Bridge over the mighty Mississippi.



The old Hernando Desoto bridge.



Part of the Memphis skyline.



The fountain at court square.



Statue of W.C. Handy at the entrance of W.C.Handy park on Beale St. now known as the "Pepsi Pavilion". Go figure.



Bronze statues in honor of Tom Lee. Taken at Tom Lee park on Riverside Dr. Home of the world famous Memphis in May BBQ festival.

1 Comment:

  1. Tracy said...
    That bronze statue in honor of Tom Lee is way cool. I think the new Hernando Desoto bridge is prettier than the old one.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates