Monday, March 1, 2010

Manic Monday


My guest today is MPH from Thunder From A Quiet Storm. I like his blog because he talks about his own struggles in a way we can all relate to. MPH does not mince words or try to sound like he is anyone else. I hope that you all take time to pop over and read his blog.

I will be taking a short hiatus from blogging as my seasonal job is picking up again. My posts will probably be a little sporadic over the next few months. I appreciate all of you and look forward to catching up with you soon!!


I am honored by Inge to be asked to be the guest blogger today. For those of you who haven't read any of my stuff let me give you some background that will preface my story. I go by Miles Per Hour on my blogsite. I am a recovering Alcoholic/Addict for many years and live with my GF and her daughter. We are an interacial couple, which is pertinent to the story, so that's why I say it. At the time I wrote this we were not yet all under the same roof.

So here we go...

Knowing Your Hair Care Products

A long time ago I lived in a halfway house for people who were struggling with addictions. Jackie, my roommate for 10 months, was a guy who took looking good seriously. He had his cologne, hair products, and iron for pressing his clothes and other personal hygiene stuff.

At the time I had very long hair which I had permed. I am a hard rocker at heart and the look fit me at the time. Well perms tend to dry out the hair and one day I was out of conditioner. So low and behold I saw a bottle of Jackie's Afro-Sheen and so I thought I might try it out. Couldn't hurt anything could it? (You gotta remember now that Mr. White Guy was still a bit brain damaged from all the alcohol and drugs I ingested) So I am using this wonderful product for about a week and my hair is getting dryer and dryer. WTF!

Jackie had been out on a job away from the house for a couple days and had just returned. "Jackie, how can you black guys use this sh*t on your hair?" I asked him. "All it did was just make mine all frizzy." Jackie had this high pitched laugh and out of his mouth it came as he rolled on his bed. "Man, that ain't no Afro-Sheen. That's starch water for when I iron my clothes."

Fast Forward to the present.

Girlfriend has left some of her "products" over at my house so she doesn't have to drag so much stuff when she spends the night. Like her "Pantene Shampoo For Women Of Color". So the other day I was in the shower and I was out of shampoo. Hmmm...

Shampoo.

For Women.

Of Color.

Me. Man. Not of color.

Ah, what the hell. Lol.

1 Comment:

  1. Tracy said...
    I think you and my husband must be of the same it's-there-so-I'll-use-it school of thought!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates