Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I know that sounds odd coming from a christian, but we all know Christmas is celebrated at the end of the year strictly for the retail business.

I know that Thanksgiving is still a week away, but I do have a lot to be thankful for. I have been thinking about that a lot lately especially with all that is happening in the income area of our house lately. So here is my list.

  1. I am thankful for having God as a big part of my life. He has shown me a lot over the past year and I have grown spiritually because of it.
  2. We still have our house. With so many people we know losing their homes, this is a very real thing to most of us.
  3. I still have my job. I don't know if I will when I go back to work on Friday, but today I do.
  4. We are all healthy.
  5. My grandmother is still living and even though she doesn't know me, I know her.
  6. My mother and I have probably the best relationship a mother/daughter could ever hope for.
  7. We are not hungry.
  8. I have a beautiful inquisitive grandson.
  9. Last but not least, I am thankful for all the new friends I have because of this blog!
I know that we all have our own lists and this is by no means the end of mine, but just the top 9. I could have had a top 10 but that is so Letterman and I wanted to be different. lol

So what are all of you thankful for this year? I would love to know.

I also saw Small footprints' post yesterday so I wanted to show off my tree changing colors.

3 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Your tree is lovely!! Thank you so much for the kind mention and link to the falling leaves post. I really like your list ... you have such a positive view of life!!

    Number 9 on your list is a good one. When I first starting blogging, I was warned that some might be unkind in their comments and I shouldn't take things too personal. But I have found just the opposite. Blog friends have been supportive and kind. So one of things I'm thankful for is finding the "blogosphere".

    Take care!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com
    John said...
    Hi Inge',

    I am thankful to God too that He had blessed me with you as my friend through my blog. I'm sure that, not just myself, but many had been blessed and entertained by the posts on your blog.

    Being thankful for what we have is a very powerful thing! Remember what Jesus did before the feeding of the 5000? Lifting up the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes, He gave thanks to God the Father. Gratitude opens the doors to multitudes of blessings and miracles!

    I agree with Small Footprints. Your tree is really beautiful, with shades of every color imaginable.

    Take care and God bless you.

    John
    Inge' said...
    Thank you Small Footprints and John! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

    Small Footprints it was my pleasure to "plug" your blog!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates