Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Reads

Well I was not sure I would be able to make another post until after Christmas, but I can't sleep so here I am:)

I have been reading Brian's blog and have become inspired to post some of my favorite books. Granted, these are Christian books, but if you want a deeper understanding of who God is, I do recommend these.

Knowledge of the Holy - A.W. Tozer
The Pursuit of God - A.W. Tozer
The Power of the Holy Spirit - Charles Spurgeon
The Confessions of St Augustine - St. Augustine
Hard to Believe - John MacArthur

These are just a few that I have read over the last year. I usually read about a book a month so this doesn't even come close to the list I have read this year.

I have had to change my reading habits due to changes in my schedule, so I probably won't get to read too many this year.

There have many so many teachers that have started to adopt practices that are not in line with what God teaches, so now I have to really screen what I read.

I do like to read what I can "trash" novels when my mind becomes to stressed out. But usually I stick with something that will increase my knowledge of God and also will help me to overcome the latest obstacle in my path.

I hope you will find something on this list that you haven't read that will inspire you to increase your knowledge of God.

I wanted to close with a personal thanks to all of you who follow "Dementia". I appreciate all of your input and I enjoy reading all of your blogs! So thank you:

Brian - I have learned a lot of really cool things from reading your blog and hope to start my Federal job hunt after Christmas thanks to your posts.

Small Footprints - Your blog is very informative and I have learned many things that I have shared with my friends about how to reduce my footprint. Thank you for all of your research and diligence in sharing what you have learned.

John - I do enjoy reading your blog. I really like our lighthearted banter. I look forward to reading more about your quest to run. I have started walking my German Shepherd everyday that the weather allows in an effort to get ready to start running again this Spring. My goal is my first 5k run which is small potatoes but a start since I am not as young as I think I am:)

Sarah - Even though you haven't posted on your regular blog in a while, I have been lurking in your alternative blog. I find the perspectives there....let's just say different. I haven't posted a comment there yet but I am interested in how others think and do read it quite often.

MPH - I stumbled across your blog and I must say I do like to read your posts. You seem to have come to grips with who you are now instead of who you were. That is a very hard thing to do and I commend you on your ongoing efforts. I look forward to reading more of your musings in the future.

Morning Constitutional - Even though you are young, I still enjoy your blog! Since I have a 23 year old daughter, your views help me to somewhat understand her way of thinking.

Seattle Craig - Are you still alive? You have a great sense of humor and I miss reading about your adventures. I hope you can post again soon.

There are many other bogs that I read but I wanted all of you to know just how much I enjoy hearing from you and reading your blogs. Thanks again and now my shepherd and I have to fight for the same space in the bed. 'night all!

4 Comments:

  1. John said...
    I would like to say thank you to you too, Inge' :)

    One of the things I look forward to, everytime I go online, is for new posts from you. I have learnt so many things from you, especially about God, about dementia, about family members of people with dementia, about relationships, about Marines, etc.

    And I definitely enjoy your comments, encouragements, our badinage :)

    By the way, it is absolutely alright to start small, especially when it comes to running again after a long absence from it. It's very important to pay attention to the signs your body is giving you, not what your mind tells you to do. Taking lots of rests in between runs is vital.

    I'm really glad that I had managed to inspire you to start running again, and I look forward to posts about this from you.

    Merry Christmas again, and take care!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi..............thought you might be interested in this.

    I just published a post to join the Dementia Webring so you can share similar interests and concerns with others! A ring will help more visitors find you quickly and easily by using the RingSurf Viewer which lets you navigate easily between sites in your ring


    There is also a link on the top left of my blog if you decide to join or browse at a later date.

    David Thomas MD


    http://knittingdoc.wordpress.com
    Inge' said...
    Dr. Thomas,
    Thank you for the invitation. I have submitted my site and look forward to viewing other views, ideas and tips from other members.
    Inge' said...
    Susan,
    Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like what you read here! I look forward to reading future comments from you.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates