Wednesday, December 3, 2008

USMC

I really miss the USMC. I was enlisted for 6 years and I really enjoyed it.

One of the things I really miss is the opportunity to see the Marine Silent Drill Platoon in action. I was able to see them in 29 Palms with the President's Own which is the USMC Band that plays for all the presidents. If you ever get to see them take your camcorder you will be glad you did!

You can go to the official Marine Silent Drill Platoon's website and get their travel schedule.

This is a video of their new routine. I hope y'all enjoy it!

4 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    That's pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing it!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com
    Inge' said...
    SF,
    Your welcome. It is really cool to see them in person. When i was at 29 Palms, you could hear a pin drop. There are no commands spoken between the Marines. So awesome!
    John said...
    Hi Inge',

    Wow, that is so cool! I had always admired the Marines, rather than the Army. And I think I'm even following one of their fitness test (not so sure): 80 push ups in 2 mins, 80 sit ups in 2 mins, 2-mile run in 13 mins, and at least 12 chin-ups.

    And I am proud to have a friend (you) who used to be a Marine! Way coooooool! :)
    Inge' said...
    John,
    Thank you! I also am glad to have found a new friend in you. Your fitness test is close. It has been a very long time the minimum for male Marines is as follows:
    3 pull ups
    50 crunches
    3 mile run in 3 minutes

    A perfect score is:
    20 pull ups
    100 crunches in less than 2 minutes
    3 mile run in 18 minutes or less

    I would say that you are doing very well in your fitness training! Congrats! you have earned it!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates