Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Love Dare pt 2


Since I was under the impression that Family Life Today would not be posting any new 'dares' over the weekend, I have not been to their site in a few days. I was mistaken. They have posted some new ones so I am sharing them with you today.

I wanted to do this in groups because I don't know if I can be consistent in posting a new post everyday. So here are the next 4 dares:

Day 4 - Contact your spouse sometime during the day and ask how he or she is doing and if there is anything you can do for them. (Psalm 139:17-18 - How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, the would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. )

Day 5 - Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them. (Proverbs 27:14 - If a man loudly blesses his neighbor in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.)

Day 6 - Choose to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of irritation. (Proverbs 16:32 - Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.)

Day 7 - On a sheet of paper, write out positive things about your spouse. At some point during the day, pick a positive attribute from the list and thank your spouse for having the characteristic.

I don't have a scripture for day 7 yet. The one used on the site is incorrect so I will have to wait until they correct it to quote it for you.

Some of these take courage and a "right" heart. Prepare yourself with prayer and ask for the right attitude before you attempt these. This are not created to incite and argument between you and your spouse. Rather, they are designed to help you understand how your spouse sees you and in the process draw you closer to one another.

For the record, I have only made it to #4. I don't know that I am ready to go to #5 yet. My heart is not ready to hear what he has to say and I don't want to get too defensive and start an argument which I am prone to do. So tune in next week and maybe I will have gathered my courage enough to tackle this one and move on to the next:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates