Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Little Foxes


I heard a man named Tommy Nelson on the radio today. Until a few days ago, I knew nothing about him. Apparently, his claim to fame is his work on the Song of Solomon. While I could not find the book for free on the net, I did find several websites that offer his materials.

I also heard Adrian Rogers preach on this book last week. So I decided to write a post and share some of the insights I received from what I have learned.

I am only going to talk about Chapter 2:15 which states, "Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom."

Personally, I cannot ever remember hearing a sermon on this particular book of the Bible. We all know it is there, we have all read parts of it or all of it at one time, but we just don't talk about it.

If you compare this verse to our relationships with our partners, you can see how we let the little things get in until they become big things. Foxes are known for their destruction of the young shoots from the grape vines in the vineyards. They will also eat the grapes. So the Shulamite woman is telling Solomon to tend to the little sins before they become big sins.

This has caused me to look at my own marriage and ask myself, "What little sins have I not taken care of? Am I allowing my own sins to go unchecked while I dwell on my husband's? What are the repercussions of my action(s), or lack thereof?"

Since doing the Love Dare, I have been reflecting a lot on my own attitude and actions where my husband is concerned. So I will be tending to the little foxes in my life post haste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates