Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Turn Off the Water!!!


My prayer partner and I were talking the other day and she related a story to me that I want to share. I told her I was going to blog about this and she just laughed. It is a good story.
This is a story written by a Doctor in the Mental Health profession. I don't remember his name but the story is true.

This Dr. states that when his patients were in a particular mental health facility and thought they were "cured", they would have to pass the following exercise.

They were place in a room with the following: mop, bucket, running spigot. They were told to clean up the mess. If they turned the water off FIRST, they were ready to leave. If they tried to mop up the water with the water running, they were not.

How many times do we do this? We are in some sort of mess and we mop and mop but the water keeps coming. The harder we mop, the more water we have. We argue with God, question God, blame God.(Why is this happening to me? Why don't you fix this or punish them? Where is my blessing?)

What does God say to this? "Turn off the water." Once we do what we know God is telling us to do, then and only then can we clean up the mess. There will still be consequences, there always is, but we know that God is in control and we can survive the outcome.

As I look at my own life, I have to say, I have a whole system of spouting spigots! I am learning to turn the water off, but this is not always an easy thing to do. I have an agenda of my own, but I have a feeling that God has His own agenda for me. Something tells me that my agenda won't line up with His:)

So, if you are having issues that you seem to be drowning in, turn off the water!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates