Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Love Dare pt 9


Before I list the next dares, I wanted to thank John for his concern for me. It is nice to have someone who is so far away be worried about me!

Day 27 - Think of one area where your spouse has told you you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it. (Psalm 25:20 - Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.)

Day 28 - Purpose to do what you can to meet the greatest need in your spouse's life right now. (I John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.)

Day 29 - Before you see your spouse again today, pray for them by name and for their needs. (Ephesians 6:7 - Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,)

Needless to say, I am BEHIND!!!! I have let other things interfere with this and I need to get back on track. I hope the rest of you are faring better than I am. If not, don't lose heart you can still do these even if you have to start at day one. It will be worth it. I can tell a difference between Doug and I and I am not caught up with these. So I know that if you and your spouse are of the same mind, it will only draw you closer and hopefully that will be a new and fresh closeness to restore some of that "new" love feeling:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates