Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Ten Commandments


Since finishing the Love Dare posts, I have been stumped as to what to blog about next. I follow a lot of blogs. Political blogs, cooking blogs, environmental blogs, technical blogs, you get the picture.

I am not as well versed in any of these subjects as I would like to be, so I feel unqualified to write about them. Don't misunderstand me, I am ignorant about a lot in the bible too. But, I do several studies in the Word, and I feel better equipped to blog about what I know. The Word is something I am passionate about, so I have chosen as my next series the 10 Commandments. I hope I don't lose any of my readers:)

I didn't want to just list them with a bunch of verses to back up my writing, so I have done quite a bit or research into this and I hope that all of us will better understand why we have the 10 commandments and what they actually mean to God and to us.

A lot of people think that the commandments are obsolete. I hope that when I am done with these posts, that we will all see that they are very much still a part of our lives now as they were when God gave them to Moses.

Since it is late for me, I will post the first commandment tomorrow. I am looking forward to learning more about these laws and I hope that you will have a deeper insight into them as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates