Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Without a doubt one of the most gut wrenching books I own is "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. These are daily devotions for morning and evening. If you don't own a copy of this book, I strongly encourage to get a copy. Put it on your gift list or but it yourself. you won't be disappointed. But prepare yourself to be convicted over and over:)

In my study on the book of Job, the commentator quotes from this book. The particular day is September 30, and the title is "The Commission of the Call".

Chambers states, "This call has nothing to do with personal sanctification, but with being made broken bread and poured-out wine. God can never make us wine if we object to the fingers He uses to crush us with. If God would only use His own fingers, and make me broken bread and pured-out wine in a special way! But when He uses someone we dislike, or some set of circumstances to which we said we would never submit, and makes those the crushers, we object."

I find myself going back tot his over and over again. How many times do we say, "Search my heart Lord, or cleanse me Lord, or teach me, show me Lord. And what does God do? Exactly what you have asked Him to do! We want to choose the method or person or situation. God makes that choice. More times than not, we object. We kick and scream and whine and complain about His choice to cleanse us and mold us.

I am learning that the only way I can be the woman God intended for me to be is to submit. I have a very strong personality and this is not an easy thing to do. But I am learning. I am finding out that I have to be in those situations, with those people to be changed. I cannot put God in a box or put myself in isolation. If I limit God, I limit myself also. I want to know all I can comprehend about God. To do this, I must submit to the crushing His way.

I am learning what James meant when he said, My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials." James 1:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates