Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Visitation


I have finally been able to go and visit my grandmother. It seems like forever since I last saw her. I must say, she looked great! She was as glad to see me as I was to see her.

Her memory is slipping more and that is to be expected. But, all in all she is doing very well.

She kept asking me how many kids I have. We have this conversation at least 3-4 times whenever I visit. So, I decided to see just how much attention she was paying to me this time. When she asked me about the third time I held up all my fingers and said, " Ten! Can you believe that?" Her eyes got really big and she said, "Ten! I don't believe that at all!" Then we both had a laugh over it.

It was a really sweet visit and I got to lay up with her and she stroked my hair just like she used to.

Just another sweet memory for me that I wanted to share with you.

5 Comments:

  1. betty said...
    that is a sweet memory. I don't have many memories of my mom's mother, which was the only grandparent alive when I was growing up. It is nice you have these memories of her, both from now when her memory is slipping as well as other memories from younger years

    betty
    Inge' said...
    Betty,
    I am truly blessed! My father's mother died when I was very young so she is the only grandmother I have ever really known.

    I am fortunate that my children also have fond memories of their time with Granny when they were young. As does my grandson. I know he is only 7, but, I feel confident that he will remember some of the times he has spent with Granny.
    Rose said...
    What a wonderful, heartwarming story!
    Tracy said...
    I'm always delighted to read your grandmother stories. Too funny about the 10 kids and what a heart warming picture to think of you laying next to her as she stroked your hair.
    Anonymous said...
    It is heartwarming to read about your grandmother. Especially the big laugh you had together. Moments like that are great when my sister and I laugh together. It convinces me that the 'old' M is still there. Sometimes. She is too young to have this terrible LBD. Life is short. Share the moments, live while you can.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates