Friday, February 26, 2010


I believe in vaccinations. I think every child should be vaccinated. All we need in this country to make it perfect is yet another outbreak of whooping cough, rubella, or some other disease that we should not be having.

I know that there are some risks associated with vaccines. I also know that the media blows things way out of proportion.

Whilst reading some comments on a facebook page, I noticed that someone commented on vaccines being made from the tissue of aborted fetuses. What?! Since when? Why weren't we told this? These are the questions going through my mind as I read this.

So to the web I go. There is good news and bad news. The good news is that aborted fetal tissue is not used today. But, the cell lines from aborted babies in the 1960's are used. Since I am not a scientist,biologist, or a doctor, I am not well versed in all the ins and outs of this.

The best I can make of it is this: The MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) shot is made form the cell lines of an aborted baby from the 60s. The CDC states that no fetal tissue is used. Only the cell lines from the fetus are used. The CDC also states that no DNA or minimal DNA from the fetus is actually in the injections. What does that mean?!

The problem is that even though they can store these cell lines in liquid nitrogen, eventually they are going to run out. Since the alternatives are less reliable in protecting us from these diseases, and have some serious side effects, you can draw your own conclusions as to what the government will do.

There is a plethora of information on the web about this. I am not citing my sources but I have leaving some links for you to peruse yourself.

Chart of vaccines.

Commentary on vaccines and origins.

Vaccines and autism.

3 Comments:

  1. Hua said...
    Hi!

    Great blog post. That was some really interesting info about vaccines. You've piqued my curiosity and I'm going to look some stuff up as well.  I really enjoyed learning about your Alzheimer's.  With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN).  The HBN has over 3,000 bloggers that share a common goal to share their knowledge with others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to Alzheimer's.

    Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Have a great day!
Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    Women’s online pharmacy said...
    Hi!

    Good blog post. That was some really interesting information about vaccines.Its true that every child should be vaccinated, so every children can be safe from several disease that we should not be having.
    Women’s online pharmacy said...
    Hi!

    Good blog post. That was some really interesting information about vaccines.Its true that every child should be vaccinated, so every children can be safe from
    several disease that we should not be having.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates