Friday, May 14, 2010

No Drinking and Diving


As some of you may know, I am the "Dumpster Diva". Since I periodically throw newspapers for a friend, I always check out the trash. I have been able to accumulate quite a collection of things from this.

Last year I able to get many house and yard plants, large flower pots, a patio table and chairs that my daughter has since taken and many other items.

This year I have gotten yet another patio table and chairs that I gave to my grandson and his mom, and a few other patio items that I have kept.

I also got a whiskey barrel for my mom. There were 3 of them but I was only able to empty one of them and put it in my car. In the process of doing this, I skinned my knee up pretty bad. I don't know if any of you have ever tried this but, a whiskey barrel full of dirt and rocks is HEAVY. I am not a big or young woman so this was no small feat.



I was able to go and visit my grandmother for a bit yesterday and showed her my injury. When she asked me how it happened, I just told her I was moving a whiskey barrel. All she heard was the word whiskey. She immediately yells, "Good! That's what you get dammit!" I had to laugh since she obviously thought I had been out drinking and had hurt myself. You should have seen the look on her face. It was too funny. I even got the finger pointing at me and everything.

She is doing really well and is almost always in good spirits. I do miss her terribly and look forward to spending more time with her in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates