Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tommy Can You Hear Me?


A lot has happened over the Thanksgiving Holiday. God continues to bless me despite the person that I am.

Hubs got a promotion at Wal Mart which is good for us! It isn't a whole lot of money, but the extra does pay one more bill a month. He has talked with his doctor about disability so we are still looking into that option.

Granny is doing extremely well these days. Mom, my sister and myself are all mending our relationship with each other.

Finances are still very dire here. However, God has put more employment our way so we are still able to tread water. I think I will be able to keep my car from the repo man which is always a plus.

But with good news, there is always some bad. My nephew had a Grand Mal seizure while hunting about a week ago. He is 15 and this is the first time he has had a seizure of this magnitude. He had another in the Emergency Room the same day. What I have learned from talking to my sister, is that this is considered one seizure since they both happened in a 24 hour period.

They have diagnosed him with Absence Epilepsy. I am not sure of the exact diagnosis but they seem to think he will out grow them. Since this has happened, my sister has been recalling different events in his life. Since we are all prone to do this, it has helped her to remember times when he seemed to be having a Petit Mal seizure.

I cannot remember the name of the medication they are starting him on. I only know that he has to get up to a 1000mg a day. As you can see, I have a lot of research ahead of me.

My nephew, "N" is a very positive kid. This has greatly helped my sister to deal with all the changes that have hit their family. One of the side effects of the medication is weight gain. "N" feels that he can just work out more at the gym and turn it into muscle. The other side effect really excited him. Man hair! Since he is a red head, he is very fair and hairy men do not run in his family. He can't wait for the hair to start coming in! Every summer he gets a Mohawk for his summer haircut. Now he is telling him mom he can have a "Grizzly Adams" beard to go along with the Mohawk.

My sister is strong in her faith and I know God will help them to deal with this new twist in their journey. She sees Him working daily and I know that is a great encouragement to her.

I hope that you all had a very good Thanksgiving and that no one ate too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates