Monday, March 7, 2011


I am sorry to say Granny's daffodils did not last as long this year as they did last year. I think maybe this crazy weather we having been having had something to do with it. I am hoping to have more for her this week. The weather here is really strange this time of year anyway and it seems to be more so this year than any other.

My grandmother grew up in a very poor house. She really never had any real toys that she has ever spoken of. In her later years, she started collecting porcelain dolls. She used to tell me that she never had any dolls as a little girl so she bought them now. I try to buy her at least one new one on special days. If possible, I buy more. She has enough now that we can switch them out and she feels like she has new dolls.

This past Christmas I bought her four dolls from a friend of mine. They have been in her room since December. Last week while we were talking, she notices the dolls. She starts talking about the new dolls and telling me they were new. I cannot tell you how nice it was to have a conversation with Granny that we both could participate in. Usually, I talk with her but she isn't able to follow the conversation that well.

I have thought about this a lot this week. There has been so much bad news in my life lately and more seems to arrive everyday. I am very thankful that God gave me this little ray of sunshine through my Granny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates