Friday, July 8, 2011


Today I was studying about faithfulness. Paul speaks of faithfulness as a fruit of the Spirit. A gift from God.

When I think of being faithful, I think of my own faithfulness. Just how faithful am I? Am I faithful in church? What about tithing or my relationship with God? There are other things that also come to mind. Very mundane things, everyday life things. Things like paying bills or cooking or cleaning house or spending time with family. How faithful am I in even those things?

Sadly, I fall short in every scenario. I think most of us do. I could use all sorts of excuses or give a plethora of actual reasons as to why or why not I am faithful. But, the truth is, I am weak. I allow myself to be too easily distracted or put the important things off for the end of the day.

When I think of God's faithfulness, I am in awe. He is steadfast in His faithfulness. It never falters or wavers. Does this mean that true faithfulness is unattainable? I don't think so. I think that we have to really look within ourselves and see what our priorities are. Faithfulness to God requires discipline and constant nurturing and thought. Saving the best for last is not always the right thing to do.

My grandmother always eats her dessert first. God is our dessert. If we are to grow in our faithfulness, we should savor the sweet time with Him. By spending time first with Him, we are better prepared for the days obstacles.

Easy peasy right?

3 Comments:

  1. mutuelle swiss life said...
    intersting, thank you
    Fibromyalgia and Faith said...
    Don't beat yourself up. You are definitely right when you say a lot of us fall short of the faith we should have. All we can do is the best we can and keep our relationship with God intact. I like to voice my apologies for my shortcomings to the Lord from time to time. It helps.
    Park City Real Estate said...
    Sometimes, there are things which happen to us or our loved-ones which test our faithfulness to God. But we should never let go of Him, we should not let these negative things rock our faith. Even reading a book or a sentence or two from other people can test our faithfulness but all of these will depend on us if we will give in to the negativity.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates