Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That Time Of Year Again


The presidential elections are right around the corner......again. I am trying to brace myself for all the fodder that is disguised as promises to make America "great" again.

It will be interesting and sickening all at the same time. For me it is kind of like a train wreck. You want to look away but you just can't seem to pull your eyes away from all the carnage.

I would like to think that we as a whole, would seriously research the candidates and learn what they really stand for. But, I just don't think that is possible with all the far left/far right opinions being blasted at us from every direction. Fair and balanced just doesn't seem to exist in our society any more. I am not sure it ever did to be honest.

There is a plethora of political sites, blogs, opinions available. After a while it all just becomes white noise. We just want it to stop. I have not decided who the lucky candidate will be that wins my vote.

I saw an advertisement the other day proclaiming that I, yes little ole me could run for president for as little as 99 dollars. Maybe I will just vote for myself.

1 Comment:

  1. Expat From Hell said...
    Your comments remind me of what a 4th Century Roman might think of their choices come election time. Do you ever think that we're coming to the end of this particular empire? It is good to be here and read your work again. EFH

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates