Monday, October 27, 2008

Child-Like or Childish

I heard a sermon yesterday talking about this and it got me to thinking. Am I child-like in my faith and trust in God or childish? Sadly, I have to admit I am the latter and not the former.

Children don't worry about anything. They don't let their mistakes and tiffs with people keep them from moving on. That is the kind of faith God wants me to have. Recognize, repent and move on. I let my pitfalls overcome me at times. I dwell on them, stew over them, and just wear myself out over them at times.

When God doesn't act the way I want Him to in my time I become petulant and throw a fit. Not a physical fit but still a fit. I am learning how to become more child like but it isn't easy.

I let myself get wrapped up in my environment and that really hurts my testimony. Just when I think I can not get caught up in something, I find I am caught up in it. I know exactly how Paul felt when he wrote that verse in Romans 7. "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do,but what I hate I do."(vs 15). That has my name all over it. I imagine we are all like that at times. But I really hate this about myself.

While I know that God forgives me, it doesn't help that I keep repeating the same things over and over. I am tired of retaking the same test.

1 Comment:

  1. John said...
    What an interesting and thought-provoking post :)

    And I had just read this post of yours, and just realized that I just posted something a few minutes ago from Romans 7 too... Hahaha...

    The Spirit of God hath no boundaries :D

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates