Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Love Dare pt 5


Here are the next 3 dares for us.

Day 14 - Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. (Ecclesiastes 9:9 - Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun— all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.)

Day 15 - Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. (I Peter 3:7 - Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.)

Day 16 - Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage. (3 John 2 - Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.)

I hope all of you have been able to do at least some of these dares. There are more to come so stay tuned! If you find some of them too difficult, you can go to the next one and go back to the harder one. I find that as I do these God is showing me stuff about myself and how I treat my mate that I just didn't want to see. This has been a very eye opening experience and I hope and pray I will be a better wife when I am done with these.

My goal is to continue to do these things on a daily basis even after the "dare project" is over. Who knows maybe I will be the 1st Peter wife after all:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates