Friday, February 13, 2009

The Love Dare pt 11


Since Valentine's Day is Saturday, I am going to try and get all of these in within the next few posts. Just think, if you have been able to do even 1 or 2 of these, how much your spouse has appreciated all of your efforts! I congratulate all of you on attempting to do this with me, and I thank all of you for your encouragement along the way. Here are the next 4 dares.

Day 33 - Tell your spouse that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel. (Ecclesiastes 4:11 - Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?)

Day 34 - Verbally commend your spouse about a recent time when they demonstrated Christian character in a noticeable way. (I Corinthians 13:6 - Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.)

Day 35 - Find a Christian marriage mentor. Ask God to direct your decisions and discernment. ( Proverbs 15:22 - Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.)

Day 36 - Commit to reading the bible every day. If your spouse is open to it, see if they will commit to reading with you. (Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates