Friday, February 13, 2009

The Love Dare pt 12


This is the last post I think. I will check later today and see if they have a day 40. I don't know if I will continue to give everyone updates on how I am doing with all of theses. We were supposed to be ending on Valentine's Day and I have fallen behind. I might do one more update over the weekend, but I don't know if I will have time to post more than one more update. So here are the rest of the dares up to day 39.

Day 37 - Ask your spouse if you can begin praying together. (Matthew 18:19 - Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.)

Day 38 - Ask yourself what your spouse would want if it was obtainable, then map out a plan for meeting some (if not all) of their desires. (Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.)

Day 39 - Spend time in personal prayer, then write a letter of commitment and resolve to your spouse. Leave it in a place where you mate will find it. (I Corinthians 13:8 - Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.)

For those of you that are interested, these were taken from Family Life Today and you can go to their website and see them all. They are based on the book "The Love Dare" that was featured in the movie, "Fireproof". The book is available in paperback. I saw a copy at WalMart last week so I am sure you can get it just about anywhere.

I hope that you and your spouse have enjoyed doing these together. The purpose is not to make you uncomfortable, but to help you and your spouse grow closer together and in the Lord. I have learned a great deal about what kind of wife I truly am and what kind of wife God desires me to be. I have made some steps in the right direction and I can truly see a difference in my relationship with my husband. My prayer life has also changed. I pray differently for him now in some areas and more fervently in others. This exercise has also shown more about who God is and how He feels about marriage. I can honestly say that I hold my marriage in a higher regard because of this.

Happy Valentine's Day to all and kiss your spouse like you are going off to war today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates