Monday, July 13, 2009

An Interesting Call


On the days I don't go visit my grandmother, I call my mom to see how she is. Yesterday, mom was giving her a perm and a manicure. Granny really likes getting all dolled up. She gets her hair done and nails polished and then she wants mom to leave so she can roam the halls like Miss Astor. Too funny. You had better notice too, or she will call you out on it.

When I called yesterday, mom put Granny on the phone. Keep in mind she is 92 and has no hearing in one ear and is losing it in the other. So I am driving down the expressway at 70 mph, screaming into my phone to a woman that cannot hear me. Even when she does, she answers in sentences that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. She starts telling me about stuff in her room like I am there and can actually see them. This goes on for about 5 minutes then she gives the phone back to mom. Then she decides she has more to say, and takes it back. By this time I am giggling so much I can't talk to her. She starts laughing and hands the phone back to mom. All in all, I would have to say that was the best phone conversation I have had in a very long time.

4 Comments:

  1. betty said...
    how cute; how neat that your grandmother still enjoys getting dolled up! and so neat that you and your mom help her to do so :)

    I can understand about the hard of hearing; my husband's parents are both in their mid 80s and have trouble with hearing really well; it is always interesting to hear my husband talk with them on the phone; he repeats things a lot.

    hope you have a good day

    betty
    Christy said...
    I smiled just reading this! That is great =)
    Christy said...
    I smiled just reading this! That is great =)
    John said...
    That was so cute! Hahaha...

    And you chose the perfect picture to accompany this post :)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates