Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back in the Groove


My Internet service was briefly interrupted last week, so I have been out of commission for awhile. I was able to check my email with my phone, but I did not want to use all my battery power answering them.

Now that things are somewhat back to normal in my neighborhood, I realized just how much time I spend on the computer. I spend a lot of time on here. Between my own blog plus all the blogs I read, is about 2 hours a day. Then there is my email account, my face book account, and numerous social trafficking sites.

Since I work 2nd shift, I have kidded myself into believing that I don't really spend all that time on here. But...I do. So, I have decided to spend a much smaller portion of my free time on the computer. I won't be blogging as much or checking in to all my other favorite sites as much. I think this will work out for me and all the things I really do need to accomplish around here. I have been able to free my house of a lot of clutter the past few days and I like not having all that junk around. I still have some more really deep cleaning to do and I really want to get it done this week.

My daughter is going to visit some of her fiends in Florida next week, and I want to redo her room and bathroom while she is gone. I won't be able to do as much as I would like due to a lack of funds, but I will be able to do quite a bit. She is excited to know that some of the things she and I have talked about doing will finally be done.

I hope all my followers understand that I am not abandoning ya'll but I do need to get some of this stuff finished before it starts getting cooler and I won't be able to get it done if I don't start now.

I will try to post some of my update on Granny later this week. She has been a real riot this past week, and I have really enjoyed her humor.

I will also let ya'll know how many projects I have been able to finish since my computer detox.

2 Comments:

  1. betty said...
    I always tell people that journals will still be here when they cut down their online time or take a break; I always say time priority is God if they have faith, their hubby if married, their children if they have them, their extended family/friends, their work and then journals. Good you are getting your priorities re-defined and getting some stuff done! I bet your daughter will enjoy the room makeover for sure

    betty
    John said...
    Hi Inge' :) You are doing the right thing... I had similar problem too with spending too much time blogging and all, and now feels so much better cutting down on that time and spending it on housework, important things and etc. Love your sharings and wouldn't mind if you spend less time blogging.

    And by the way, I'm sure it's a typo when you said your daughter's fiends ;)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates