Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eat Your Veggies


For the most part, my grandmother has the comprehension level of about a 3 or 4 year old. This can change to an adult level and back very quickly. Usually in the same conversation. You never really know who you are talking to; the child or the adult.

Yesterday when I arrived at the nursing home, Granny was supposed to be eating in her room. I get there and she is not eating. So we play the "you need to eat game". I am trying to get her bed fixed and get things ready for her bath. So we are bantering back and forth over her not wanting to eat. She wants her snuff. She keeps telling me she doesn't want to eat she just wants her snuff. So I tell her, "eat your dinner first". And we continue going back and forth. When I am able to make my way to her side of the bed, I see why she isn't hungry. There are pork rinds all over the floor and candy wrappers in her drawer. So, she has been snacking all afternoon on chocolate and pork rinds. Needless to say, I got the snuff immediately.

3 Comments:

  1. Michael Horvath said...
    Good move. I would have done the same thing-lol.
    betty said...
    I like her combination of snacks! that would be hard to limit what she enjoys eating especially at this point in her life, but you are right to want to get some good healthy things in her too

    betty
    Mr. Green said...
    This only shows that you love your grandmother so much.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates