Monday, October 12, 2009

No Rest for the Weary


I would like to thank all of my followers that left me such kind and encouraging comments on my last post. You were all so loving and and kind. I really needed that!

I have been filling my days with very little spiritual nourishment these last few weeks. Since my mother hurt her back, I have been going to the nursing home as much as possible to take care of Granny. I have also been working my regular job, and I have been throwing papers for this guy for about 2 months straight! When I am not working or sleeping, I am getting ready to work or sleep it seems. When I am awake, I don't seem to have the gumption to open the Word or my studies. That is my goal this week. To get back in the groove.

My mother just recently lost her job. She has been out of work on FMLA for about 3 weeks now. They called her at home to tell her they were laying her off due to lack of business. This has been quite a blow to her. I have been trying to remain positive for her, but that takes its toll after a while. She also finally found out what was wrong with her back. She has a mild form of Spina Bifida. Imagine that! She did not even know. So now she is weighing her options to see what she can to ease the pain and live a more normal life.

I on the other hand, have a dirty house, mounds of laundry, and a bed that seems to constantly be calling my name:) Mom did offer to come and help me get the house in order which was really sweet of her. But.....I would be ashamed for her to see my house in such disarray! I still may take her up on the offer if she is physically able. She has to take a lot of breaks during the day because she cannot stand or sit for any length of time.

Oh well, life goes on. I am thankful for all of you, my Internet friends. I am also thankful that I have a job, a home, and my health. My grandmother is doing well and so are the kids. God is gracious even in my semi-rebellious state.

Need to go and round up dinner. I do appreciate all of you and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

1 Comment:

  1. John said...
    Thank God for you too :)

    *hugs*

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates