Monday, February 1, 2010

Manic Monday




My guest today is Kent from Expat From Hell. He has a very original outlook on our daily struggles. I must confess that when I first stumbled across him, I had to read some of posts more than once to grasp the hidden message. I really like his view on things and I hope that you enjoy today's post.

I am sorry this is late but I have had internet problems today. Enjoy!



Whatcha Gonna Do

You probably don’t know me.

That’s OK.

I am not terribly interested in being popular.

In fact, if I lived in your country, I probably would be on your television show Cops.

Seems like I am always in trouble, one way or another.

You could say that I am a traveling salesman,

But it seems that I am not a very good one.

Every time I get something started, it falls flat on it’s face.

Trying to do a little multi-level marketing, if you will.

Starting something over here, something else over there.

And then trying to keep it going after I leave town.

Tough stuff, this job is.

Because of the nature of my business, I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Maybe it’s because I hang around convenience stores and gas stations.

You know, the stuff that’s out there on the edge of town.

Most of the time that’s because I am never sure if I am coming or going.

And it seems that the police are always on the lookout for me.

They don’t get too excited about the stuff I’m selling.

Some places actually told me that it’s illegal.

Can you believe that?

Anyway, I also have a hard time controlling my mouth.

Got in an argument with some dumb minister the other day, and he called the cops.

They showed up, threw the cuffs on me, and now here I sit in jail.

Sheesh.

Some guys have all the luck, huh?

They won’t allow me any phone calls.

No contact with an attorney, either.


What kind of place is this, anyway?

So, I’m stuck with this pencil and wrinkled piece of paper.

Not sure what I should write, but I have plenty of time to kill.



Maybe to one of the “down-line” groups I started a few miles from here.

I hope they’re doing all right.

I worry about them.

So many of those folks over there are just plain nut cases.

Or maybe I’ll give a shout out to one of my pals instead.

The guys I used to hang around with.

My soul mates.

Hey, maybe they even miss me by now.

Hopefully they won’t see me show up on the next episode of Cops.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I stumbled over Expat From Hell via your site. I try to understand, surely like his way of putting things. See him, hear him!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates