Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What?! No Cornbread!


I could see the look on my daughter's face when I told her that I would be attempting to cook this week without using the stove or oven. Picture a deer in headlights with a plate of food in its hooves and you have her look.

That is the new challenge from Small Footprints this week. This will be a hard challenge indeed. I make cornbread almost every night that I cook. I might break down if I see tears but I am going to try and be strong.

However, I will be learning just what all I can cook in my crock pot and my slow cooker this week. Since we all work nights but have different days off around here, I am hoping that this won't be that hard.

Except for the cornbread.

I encourage you all to mosey on over to Small Footprints and read her blog. She has some very interesting articles and some challenges that we can all try to reduce our carbon footprints.

I like my cornbread made in a cast iron skillet. Muffins just don't "feel" right to me. No sugar, just fresh and hot from the over with lots of butter! This is not a pic of my own cornbread, but it still looks delish!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates