Thursday, February 4, 2010


Hubs has his PET scan on Monday. Before I continue, I must say this: he drives me N.U.T.S. He does no research on his own, asks no questions of his doctor, offers no alternatives that he may be more comfortable with, NOTHING. For the life of me I cannot understand this attitude.

Now for my contradiction. He did mention this procedure to his pain management doctor. What did this doctor say you ask? Well, almost verbatim what the little woman said. I am starting to think I missed my calling.

There are more steps involved in deciding to actually do surgery than I imagined. From what I can gather, the PET scan is not used as a first or even second option. I keep finding conflicting opinions on this issue.

While nothing has been determined one way or the other, I don't want to be blindsided with this. "D" is not worried about it at all. He doesn't think this is a big deal. He keeps telling me how common benign cysts are on the lungs. He is more worried about having to give up his beloved hamburgers. Go figure.

I am worried that he is taking this issue way too lightly. I don't know how he will handle any bad news. I am not a patient person and I hate all this waiting to go here and have this done then waiting to hear the results.

I am learning a lot about waiting on God during this ordeal. I know that whatever the outcome of all of this is, God knew first and I can take comfort in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates