Friday, May 28, 2010


I really like the Dr OZ Show. I go to his website often for healthy recipes to try to change my very southern diet.

Recently, while viewing his site, I saw and article that suggests that Type 2 Diabetes may bring on Alzheimer's Disease. I have never heard this so I decided to do a little research on my own.

As it turns out, there may actually be a link between Type 2 and Alzheimer's. Not everyone that has Alzheimer's has Type 2 Diabetes. My grandmother does not have it. But, there is a link and scientists are looking into the medications that help Diabetics as a possible aid in helping those with Alzheimer's. I found an article dated 2006, from the New York Times that discusses this a little more.

In some medical circles, they are now thinking of calling Alzheimer's Type 3 diabetes. Since proper diet and exercise can help with the prevention of Type 2 Diabetes, this is all the more reason to watch what you eat and to get off the couch.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    The early stages of Alzheimer's and other causes of dementia can be difficult to spot, but there are some signs that are useful in spotting the disease.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates