Saturday, August 14, 2010


Granny will be 94 in just a few weeks! I can't believe it has been a year already. Where did the time go?

We are throwing her a party at the nursing home this year. This is the first year that I have not been able to take her to mom's. It has been really hard for me to accept the fact that I can no longer just go and get her anytime I want. It doesn't seem to have affected Granny and that is what really matters.

Mom is having her party on a Saturday so everyone can attend. I am hoping to get the day off without playing hooky. This will be the first time my sister and I have attended a family function together in over 5 years. I am very apprehensive about that aspect of the whole thing. I really don't want to do or say anything that will hurt my mom or my granny.

Granny will be so surprised when we have her party. She just loves all the attention and will be excited to have all of us there I am sure. I have not decided what to get her yet. Since she has such limited space, it is very difficult to buy for her these days. I am thinking of buying her some new pictures for her room to change it up a bit.

I should be able to post some pics soon so ya'll can see how great my granny looks.

Hope everyone has a great week and I will try to post more soon.

I know the photo I chose is an alternative to a Christmas Tree, but, Granny would love it.

1 Comment:

  1. Tracy said...
    I'm glad that your granny won't mind having her party there instead of at your moms. May things go well with you & your sister; perhaps just the beginning of better times between the two of you.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates