Friday, October 29, 2010


Election day is right around the corner. To be completely honest, I am truly sick of the whole thing. All this name calling and dirt slinging is just......tiring. Who can keep up?

As I look at all the candidates, I realize that none of them have my best interest at heart. It is all about big money and big companies and back room deals.

While I am not so naive as to believe that even one candidate would thinks as I do, it would be nice to find one with at least a modicum of common sense. That is what I am missing. I hear all this garbage being spewed on both sides but I don't hear any solutions.

What happened to the men and women that are willing to go against the grain? Where are they? Did they get lost in all the red tape and pay backs that are so common in Washington?

We need to shake things up but how? How can we as a people truly be heard? What do we as a nation need to do to be sure we are heard? As I watch the French protest and see how they have crippled their country, I think to myself why don't we do that anymore? All we do is sit and whine but we don't come together as a nation in a way that will guarantee we are heard.

Hopefully, there will be enough new faces after this election. Maybe they can accomplish something before they lose their ideals and forget why they ran in the first place.

As for me, I will still encourage my friends and family to take part in this American freedom. The right to vote. As a woman I can't help but be reminded of all that the Suffragettes went through to grant me this right. I hope that you also remember who has fought for this freedom for you.

I would also like to encourage you to do your research! There is no such thing as "throwing your vote away". If you vote for the person of your choice it is a vote that matters.

1 Comment:

  1. Expat From Hell said...
    Something about "salt of the earth" comes to mind. And, I guess that responsibility doesn't fall to our elected officials; rather, to us. Thanks again for the sober reminder....I have cast my ballot. EFH

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates