Wednesday, October 13, 2010


Yesterday my grandson came to visit. I don't get to spend a lot of time with him, so I always look forward to his visit.

We decided to empty one of my compost bins. I am experimenting with a "no dig" type of flower bed this year. He decided he didn't want to help with that so he was weeding the garden. I am in the process of getting this area ready for winter so his help was greatly appreciated.

While he was playing er weeding, he decided he wanted to try one of the peppers on a pepper plant. My goal every year is to grow the hottest peppers I can. My son loves very spicy hot food so if I can bring tears to his eyes I have accomplished my goal. I know it sounds mean, but, he looks forward to trying my peppers every year. But I digress. Little "J" decided to try one of the Tabasco peppers after I warned him they were extremely hot. The next thing I know he is running to the house yelling "hot! hot!". He comes back out and decided that the red ones are too hot but maybe the yellow ones are not. This causes a second trip to the house for more water. When he comes back out he informs me that the yellow ones are hotter than the red ones.

This has caused me to think of all the times I have gone running to God crying "hot! hot!". Even after warnings I still have to have a taste. Like my grandson, I think a taste of the same thing dressed differently won't be as bad.

It is strange that we can see this in others but not in ourselves. I am always amazed that a person did not know a series of events was going to happen based on one decision they made. Then I look at myself and cannot believe that I also did not know. But the truth is we DO know. We just don't think it will happen to us. It is happening to us and it is not going to end until we recognize our part in the process. Recognition of what we have done, said, or thought is always at the root of the issue.

Pride keeps us from admitting our part in any issue. I can give a million reasons as to why I don't own up to what ever I may done, but the truth is I just don't want to admit I was wrong or I started it or I did so and so.

I am working on it but this is a very hard road to travel. I have to allow myself to become vulnerable which is something I am very reluctant to do. But it must be done if I am to get through the latest issue at hand.

I know that God is leading the way now if I can just stay away from the peppers.

4 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    Hey, like your 3 Ps here!

    Like you, I sometimes stray right back to the same mouth burning things, just because they might look a bit different this time. I'm sure grateful that God is patient.
    J Curtis said...
    Like a dog returns to his vomit....
    Brian Mongold said...
    Hi Inge, thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hope things are good. The blog is looking great!
    ANTM T-Shirt Designs And More said...
    I can't believe he tried another one! Ouch! I understand where you are coming from. I think we have all been there.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates