Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Unexpected Lover


Apparently the saga from my previous post is going to continue for at least one more post.

I am in the middle of a Beth Moore study on the Fruit of the Spirit. Most of us know the list Paul gives in Gal. 5:22-23. The first on the list is love. There are many types of love as you also know.

She chose to tackle the physical side of human love first. I will try not to bore you with a lot of technical terms. I am into word study so while I find it quite interesting, others may be bored to tears. To simplify things, you can read the Song of Solomon and see this type of love for yourself. In the Greek Eros is used to signify physical desire.
Then you have the Hebrew words used on the Songs which are dowd and rayah. Some other spellings for these 2 words are dod and raya.

I am not going to get into premarital sex and what all God says about that. We all know how He feels about it. The scriptures that are relevant to this post are 1 Cor. 7:3-6, Song of Solomon 1 and 4, and 1 Cor. 7:7.

What she says is this: "According to these Scriptures, an ongoing deprivation of your mate for inappropriate reasons could be considered a unique form of adultery." Say what?!

So I started thinking of all the things we put before our mates. Our jobs, children, homes, friends, sports, cars, etc. How many of us are workaholics or sports nuts, or way too involved in the lives of our family and friends? How many of us put these things before our spouse? How many of us then have the audacity to ask them what is your problem?

I know our lives are busy and exhausting with just trying to survive. But, we do have a tendency to take the one that is supposed to mean the most to us for granted. Trust me, there will come a time when they won't be there and you will be left wondering what went wrong.

Before that time comes and you are brokenhearted, take some time with your mate. Do something with them that means something to them. Don't replace your intimacy with something or someone that isn't going to be there in 20 years. If you make your marriage vulnerable, it will break into a thousand pieces.

I know that it takes 2 but someone has to start the ball rolling. Fix yourself up and put on that song that used to do it for both of you. Have some fun and get close. Save what is important now.

2 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    You make such an important point here. I know that life gets so busy & hectic. I've committed to look at my schedule each week and figure out when I can make sure to give a chunk of time over to "us time" with my husband. I know that keeping that a priority makes a real positive difference in our relationship.
    Caverta said...
    This blog is an exact representation of skills. I appreciate the blogger for posting the most excellent thought. This topicsposted by you is trustworthy. I like you recommendation.Your recommendation is of well use to people. A great article post, this is something very interesting. A great concept that reflects the excellent thoughts of the writer.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates