Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gays In The Military


I really try to stay away from political topics here. There are hundreds of political blogs out there catering to every persuasion known to man. But, as a Veteran, I don't think this latest action by our government has been thought through to its bitter end.

My views on homosexuality fall in line with the Word of God. However, I do not push those views on anyone. I do not "preach" to anyone concerning their life choices. That is between you and God. If you come to me and ask me I will tell you as I am obligated by the Word to do.

But, I personally do not think our country is ready for gays to be open in the military. While I was serving in the USMC, someone told me the military is a dictatorship within a democracy. I don't think it is quite that extreme, but it is close. I have tried to keep up with all the changes in the military and the type of soldier,airman,ship man or marine that we now have serving. The military has changed quite a bit over the last decade or so. The young men and women enlisting today do not think or act like they used to. Their values, work ethic, and education is vastly different from just 10 years ago. There are also a lot of gang members in the military now. Something that was unheard of in the past. There have been film clips in Iraq with gang graffiti on buildings. So now you have violence within the ranks.

I think with this new decision by our government, the violence will probably increase. It is going to be quite hard for a gunner or navy seal or ranger to deal with seeing his bunk mate or the guy he shares guard duty with dressed as a woman during their off time. I think it will be equally hard for women to deal with other women being couples in the open.

While the government may think this was the right decision, I don't think they will know how to deal with the repercussions of such a decision. The fear that gays used to live with in a civilian situation will once again rear its ugly head. Only this time everyone will have a gun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates