Thursday, December 16, 2010


As many of you know, hubs and I have been having severe financial problems for well over a year now. It has been really hard for us to keep the necessities lately and there were times when I must confess my faith faltered.

Hubs doesn't think I should tell anyone what I am about to share with all of you, but I disagree. I think everyone should know how God is working in our lives even if we can't see it right now.

We have been trying since he was laid off to get a Home Re-modification Loan. Well, today the bank sent us a letter letting us know that this was not going to happen. At first, I was very upset. I have been praying about this house as have my family and friends for a very long time. I just couldn't believe the bank was so unwilling to work with us.

After talking with my mom and having her remind me of some of the prayers I have been praying lately, I must say I felt much better. I know that this is what God feels is best for us right now. I know that He has not forsaken us and that He will take care of us. I just don't know how. We will not be living in the streets that I do know. We can move in with the children or with my mom if we have to.

We do have some time before we have to be out of the house and I am sure that God will use this time to let us see what direction we should take. Since hubs is not a believer, this may be a difficult thing for him to understand. But, I am trusting in God to help me help him see what He wants us to do.

The good news is I can finally go through all of this clutter and get rid of some things that hubs and I have been holding on to just because we had the space. I am looking forward to moving somewhere new and I know that wherever we wind up, God will have put us there and that is all that matters to me.

I hope that some of you that are going through similar situations will gain some encouragement from us. I would not wish this on anyone. It is hard to leave the home you have been in for so long. But, nothing on this earth is permanent and I still have a lot to be thankful for.

I am holding on to the promises of God and I know that whatever happens, He will be right there with us.

3 Comments:

  1. Tracy said...
    Such hard times. But your attitude is so right on; you're an inspiration. I have no doubt that God will honor your faith and dependence upon Him. I look forward to reading about future blessings He's pouring into your life.
    betty said...
    I am sorry about the house. The Bible says and I believe that God will take care of our needs. But like I have thought or said to others, what my need is and what God's need is are two different things. Having said that, I do believe God will provide for you and you do have options of where to live so that is a good thing. Trusting that he knows best and will lead you and guide you is a hard thing to do, but I think your heart is in the right place so I look forward to hearing what he has in store for you and your husband.

    betty
    Unknown said...
    You have great faith and trust in you because of which god is so kg=ng with you. In such hard times also your super cool.Keep doing this I am sure you will be a great person ahead and god will keep on blessing you. I would like to read more of your blessings Thanks and God bless!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates