Wednesday, December 22, 2010


While I was studying the Word today, I learned that the reason we are to "count it all joy", is because we are drawn closer to the Lord during our times of trouble. Now I know many of you may already know this, but, to me it was a real eye opener.

I hear others and have been guilty of saying this verse a bit mordantly. I think it is because we are trying to keep from wallowing in our own self pity. But with all that has happened in my life in just the last 2 months, I do feel closer to God. So, I am learning that as I discover more about Him, I am able to feel joy despite the situation at the moment. When all this is over, and it will be eventually, I will be closer to God and stronger in my faith. That is the prize.

Now for a few updates on what is going on. Hubs talked with the bank and we are eligible for the 3000 in moving expenses which is a true blessing! At least now we know we will have the money to move.....where to I still don't know. We are required to list the house with a Realtor for at least 120 days. I don't know if it will take that long or even longer to sell. We will be allowed to stay in the house until it sells which is good for us. If it takes longer than 120 days, I am not sure what the next step is as of yet.

We have been looking at apartments and rental homes that would be close to both of our places of employment. Since we have decided to go down to one vehicle, this is a must. With property in our part of the country being at a premium, rental property is quite high. So we have decided to go much smaller. I have already started calling people to see if they need anything we would have to part with. What I cannot give away to family and friends, I will be donating to charity. I thought of having a moving sale, but the weather is just not conducive at this time for all that.

I did break down in the kitchen last night. Sometimes, it is hard to keep up my "game face". While I don't want to cry in front of others, there are times when it is hard to keep it all in.

My daughter has agreed to co-sign on an apartment for us if we need her to. Since this and other things in our past has basically shot our credit, this is a real comfort for us to know she is willing to do this for us. I am praying that it doesn't come to that. Hopefully, once this is all over we can start working on repairing some of that mess.

I do so appreciate all of the comments and words of encouragement that all of you have taken the time to send to me. They mean so much right now. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we move on to the next step in this process.

2 Comments:

  1. betty said...
    my biggest growing times in the Lord was when we were going through just awful things and I literally clung to him; I remember one night when things were just awful waking up in the middle of the night and having such joy because my name was written in the Book of Life and nothing could take that away.

    The hard times are hard to get through but the growth is amazing if you just keep seeking Him.

    It is good to see there are some options out there for you and you have a few months to get it together before you will need to be out of your home.

    There will always be those moments where it becomes overwhelming and during those times, sometimes a good cry works wonders

    I hope Christmas is a kind one and no matter what, we got the best gift that very first Christmas and no one can take away that joy!

    betty
    Tracy said...
    I thought about you last Sunday during the sermon; it was about having Hope even during tough times. A couple of years ago when I was going through some devastating things I read through Philippians a few times and found a lot of help there. I appreciate so much your transparency; I've known a few people these past couple of years who've gone through similar situations and having to short sell, it's not how anyone thought things were gonna be. I'm grateful that we know that God is control and has good things in store for you and your husband. Yet, this truth doesn't change the pain. I know though that people who I meet who've gone through tough times always feel more real than those who haven't.

    May God's presence, joy, and peace continue to be real for you thoughtout this Christmas.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates