Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Kink In The Chain


As many of you know, hubs and I are trying to short sale our house. Well, yesterday, we received a letter in the mail that really threw us for a loop. The bank notified us that we still have an open loan re-modification application on file.

The representative that hubs talked with said it had been open on the books since October. If this is true, why did they send us a letter the week before Christmas informing us that we had no options but to short sale the house? When he was asked about this the rep told hubs that maybe the bank had figured out a way we could keep our home.

Hubs informed him that we had already started the short sale. So now we have until this afternoon to decide if we want to continue with the short sale or try yet another loan re-modification.

I know that God is not the author of confusion. I also know that if we make a decision based on what we want instead of what God wants we will pay for it. But, in this case, I just don't know what the right decision is.

I have prayed that God would remove what ever was interfering in my relationship with Him. When we got the letter about the short sale, we were actually relieved that some finality was placed on this whole situation. It has been easy for me to purge my things because I know now that I was placing to much value on things and not my relationship with God.

I don't like time limits that are put on major decisions. To mail us a letter that we receive on Friday and tell us that we have until Saturday afternoon, is really quite hard to do. Especially when you factor in our work schedules. So I am waiting on hubs to call me on his lunch break so we can discuss this at least a little more before he makes the call.

I have been praying that God would let us know in no uncertain terms what we are to do and that we can do this without reservation. We will have made our decision by this afternoon so I will keep you all updated.

I thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement during all this and I know that whatever happens, God will provide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates