Friday, January 7, 2011


Before I jump into today's post, I wanted to update ya'll on the house issue. We finally got all the paperwork together for the short sale. The representative that emailed this to us neglected to tell us that we could not send it back to her. We have to give it to a real estate agent and they in turn have their own paperwork to be filled out and then it is all sent back to them. I cannot begin to describe the frustration this causes me.

Hubs talked with a real estate agent and he has an appointment with them on Saturday. However, he did tell hubs that it could be up to 9 months before our house sells. He went on to say that most people just leave because they do not want to wait that long. Since we need the moving expense money to move, it looks like we are here until the bitter end.

Now for today's topic. I do not believe in making New Year's resolutions. I can never seem to keep them. So, I am trying a new approach this year. There is a Pastor in North Carolina that has come up with a very innovative idea. Choose just one word and work on that one word for the year. I really like this idea for a few reasons. The first is that it makes you think. What one word can I choose that would sum up what I really want to do this year? It takes the focus off of just you and places it on others. Because of my faith, it also helps me to focus on how God wants me to accomplish things.

So what is my word? Present. I want to be more present in my children's lives. I want to be more present in church, my studies and my overall relationship with God. I want to live in the present not the past. I want to be more present in my marriage.

I think this is a goal that I can accomplish and in the process, enrich not only my own life, but the lives of those around me.

So if you had to choose just one word, what would your word be? I look forward to reading what you guys come up with!

2 Comments:

  1. betty said...
    I like your word for this year, it is a good one and relevant for your situation; just to be present in what you are involved in, your children, your relationship with God, etc.

    Last year my word was "trust"; it was the year I resolved to trust God no matter if it didn't make sense so when I was worried about something, etc, I would just say "I trust you Lord" and it really did help a lot.

    this year my word is "choice". Like God chose to forgive me and not hold my sin against me, I can choose how to react in situations and how I live each day. I think it is appropriate with our upcoming move because it is a choice I'm making to accept it and go with it rather than be bitter about it, etc

    these months you have in your house while you wait could be great growing times in the Lord as you wait on him

    betty
    Tracy said...
    Appreciate your word a lot. Being present is a great word.

    I guess my word would be participant. I'm so tired of trying to push my agenda in life. This year I want to see more what God is doing and participate in HIS work/plan.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates