Saturday, April 23, 2011


I remember when we first met so long ago.
Life was so much fun then.
We used to laugh and talk and go places.

Now we barely speak.
When did arguments become conversation?

When did I start having more fun with others?
When did we start dreading to come home to one another?

At what point do we finally decide enough is enough and move on?
I feel like a widow.

I don't know if I can go on like this anymore.
I don't see how you could possibly want to continue to live like this.

All the misery and pain that we inflict on each other with our words or lack there of has got to be getting to you.

A decision has got to be made and soon.
Otherwise, dread will turn to bitterness and love will turn to distaste.

We are not the same people we used to be.
We have become strangers to ourselves and each other.

I do not like who I have become and I cannot continue to be this person.
You seem so caviler about the whole thing that I cannot tell if you are even bothered enough to care anymore.

The guilt that I feel at the thought of leaving seems too great.
That is no reason to stay.
What keeps you here?
You say one thing but your actions say something else entirely.

We need to conclude this act in our lives.
I feel the curtain drawing for good. Do you feel it to?

What I don't feel is an encore.

1 Comment:

  1. Tracy said...
    Oh gosh, I just now saw this! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. This past year has really been a more than tough one for you. Know that I'm praying for you.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates